Beginners Tai Chi Lessons & Qigong classes near Aldershot, Tongham, Ash, Farnborough, Farnham, Camberley, Mytchett,
NEW SEPTEMBER CLASSES FOR NEW BEGINNERS
If you are an experienced learner / returning to classes after a break, please see our FULL LIST OF CLASSES page and you may be able to join a more experienced class
Please read the following important information before booking classes:
Terms & Conditions of Booking
1) Don't attend a class if you have any symptoms of a respiratory illness - that's any cough, cold, temperature, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, not just Covid
2) The doors / windows will be kept open a little to allow ventilation, so wear adequate layers to keep warm
3) Once you book (pay for) a place in the class for any month, the fee applies for any classes you might miss in that month, because the place is reserved for you alone. However, we also have Zoom classes on Thursday evenings and Friday mornings and you may attend a free Zoom class in lieu of missed face-to-face classes
4) Regular attendance is needed to make good progress so consider before you enrol how often you are likely to make it to class, if less than 3 weeks out of every 4 then sadly our classes won't be for you.
5) If you click any of the booking links below, please be very careful to enter your email address correctly as this is our only way of contacting you about the class you have booked.
6) You will receive an automated email after booking, which confirms your payment. If you don't receive this please contact us as your payment may have failed and your place will not be reserved
7) Our ONLY pay weekly class is the SEATED class on Thursdays. If you come along to any other class without a monthly booking, we're sorry but we will have to turn you away
8) If the booking link doesn't work please contact us. It could be a faulty link or it may mean that the class is full, but you can go on the waiting list and start as soon as a place becomes available
9) People who book for September will be offered places for October and so on, so you can continue to learn with us for as long as you wish. If you don't renew your place it will be offered to someone from the waiting list
10) we will email you on the email address provided on your booking to remind you of the class start date, about a week before we begin.
The following classes are booking now for September
1) Mondays 8.35 - 9.30pm
from 5th September
Tai Chi Qigong
Mytchett Centre GU16 6AA
This weekly class will cover the main principles of Tai Chi & Qigong for Health:
Posture, relaxation & mindfulness of movement via TaiChi Qigong exercises
The exercises will stretch the body, removing stiffness / aches and pains, the body will become stronger and the mind calmer. You should experience a good night's sleep after class :)
Sign up for for September and see what a difference an hour a week can make to how you feel, mentally and physically.
2) Fridays 7.30 - 8.30pm
from 9th September
'Big Chill Qigong'
Shieling House, Invincible Rd,
(near Farnborough B&Q / Asda)
What to expect
A slow paced end of week wind-down in a beautiful Zen Studio
Just what you need to put you back together after a week's work
You'll feel chilled out as soon as you enter our calm space
What you'll learn:
Health Qigong movement and breathing exercises to stretch and loosen the body. These exercises clear the 'energy body' of poor quality qi (energy) and draw in and circulate healthy qi
We finish with a little relaxation and meditation or visualisation, laying on a mat (provided). You can sit on the floor if you don't want to lie down
It's really important to arrive by 7.30pm for this class as latecomers will find the doors are locked and you won't be able to gain access.
1) Tuesdays 12 noon
from 6th September
Mytchett Centre, GU16 6AA
This class will teach Tai Chi Qigong exercises to promote good health, a strong flexible body, better posture and balance, reduce fatigue and develop a clear calm mind
2) Wednesdays 12.30pm
from 7th September
Tai Chi Qigong
St Marks Hall
North Camp, Farnborough
This class will cover the same content as the Tues class above
If you prefer to learn from home
LEARN WITH US ONLINE - 2 options:
1. Online 'anytime' learning from Video Tutorials
We have a comprehensive ad-free video tutorial channel where you can learn at home at your own pace. Some people like to learn this way as it suits their busy life and others like to give the videos a go for a month or so before they join a class to gain a little confidence and experience.
2. Live online Zoom classes - join from 8th / 9th September
I hope there's something to suit you and I look forward to meeting you soon ;)
Pic: Our Instructor, Cherry Collins